Friday, August 22, 2008

The Trip Is Still On Schedule


Shannon and I would like to thank everyone for their support and prayers during Jim Carlin's hospital stay. At this time he is out of the ICU after a six hour surgery which took place on Tuesday. He is described as a walking miracle by the hospital staff. Shannon waited until yesterday to make sure that things were going in the right direction and then jumped on an airplane to Seattle. She arrived last night ready to continue our journey together. We are still on track as per our itinerary and plan on leaving Saturday.

While she was gone I just want to personally thank Al and Lynn Brown, Jack and Lyn Muegge for putting me up at their houses and showing me lots of support while I was here.

I would also like to express my gratitude to Ron, Bobby, Denny, Sandy, Rich, Doug, Marcy, Tony (Grumpy), Larry and Dave who are all members of the Star Touring and Riding Association. These men and women really went above and beyond the call of duty to show me incredible riding and friendship while here in the Washington Seattle area. Yesterday I even checked off a long BUCKET list item. I rode around and up to Mt. Rainier - that video will be coming - 12 hours on the bike to make that happen and every mile was the most exhilarating I have ever ridden. One always hopes that a bucket list item will be every bit of what you imagined it to be

I also want to thank Lenny Balter and Colleen Casey for traveling up from California to support us on our adventure, now that Shannon is back we can all have one nice day together. It is our 33rd anniversary today so we are going into Seattle to explore before leaving tomorrow.

Ken

No comments: