Monday, August 18, 2008

Important News

Yesterday in Winthrop Washington we found out that Shannon's dad (Jim Carlin) he is shown in the second video saying he supports Riding For Smiles was admitted to the hospital and was not supposed to live the night. Shannon is now on a plane for home and will arrive at 11:00 PM hopefully to see her father while he is still alive. I apologize for the delay in the last (2) videos as we did not have internet or phone service. I am now uploading two videos while I await word as to what will now happen. I will stay in Seattle for at least the next one to two days as we have many commitments here. Jim called us before he was put into an induced coma and said that he loved us and that his only wish was that we not stop, but continue this journey. He did not want us to know the difficulty he was in. Apparently this was going on for the last week. This trip now is up in the air with these circumstances but we will finish this journey. It just might have to be rescheduled by a few weeks. I will keep all of you informed as to what is going on over the next couple of days. Please pray for Shannon and her entire family. I have known Jim my entire life and could not have known a finer man and father-in-law.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ken and Shannon,

Steve and I are thinking about you and your family at this difficult time. We are praying for your father Shannon and hope he recovers.

Sincerely,
Steve & Angel LaRose